which enclosure for monacor SP-80x

Hello,
I have got a pair of Monacor at eb.y for just 1 ! Euro. :)

What would be the best enclosure for it?

I am thinking of a tqwt but i'm not shure. the Martin Kings don't look very promising.
any suggestions?
the tsp for the drivers:
fs: 50hz
re: 6,8 ohm
SD: 206 qcm
vas: 59 lit
qes: 0,58
qms: 2,3
qts: 0,463

best regards

GM

Joined 2003
Greets!

Well, just plugging in the numbers this ML-horn looks promising:

L = 57.42"
zdriver = 20.47"
zport = 54"
SO = 31.93"^2
SL = 255.44"^2
rport = 2.5"
Lport = 2"

All dims i.d. and approximate.

GM

Attachments

• monacor sp-80x 39 hz ml-horn.gif
    monacor sp-80x 39 hz ml-horn.gif
    6.7 KB · Views: 383
oh no!

I made a mistake calculating the measures from inch to cm. I have to multiply by 2.54 twice. The footprint is about 30 by 55 cm ! this is too big.
:bawling:
which king sheet did you use? I tried to recalc Your dimensions, but the result as very poor. I used either the wrong sheet or it is just too old.
My sheets are several years old, from times they were for free for personal use.

Hmmmmmmmm................

40hz looked to good to be true.

GM

Joined 2003
Same as you, the old freeware (PORTED in this case) for quick sims to post since they don't take near as long to calculate as the new ones.

FYI, here's the converter program I use: http://joshmadison.com/article/convert-for-windows

Did you use the correct BL value? Since it wasn't posted, I calculated it: 6.1635 N/A.

Also, I used a 0.3 lbs/ft^3 stuffing density along its entire length.

Anyway, as you've already learned in your earlier sims, if you want a relatively smooth response and go low it will require a large cab since its Qts is too high for an optimum vented alignment.

FWIW, here's this cab's Vb converted to a 125.894"^2 (~812.22 cm^2) MLTL:

GM

Attachments

• monacor sp-80x 39 hz mltl.gif
    monacor sp-80x 39 hz mltl.gif
    6.7 KB · Views: 291
Hi there,
i may buy for 35€ a pair of Monacor SP-80x, and i wasn't able to find any build based on this.
do you have any inputs or advise if i should or not buy them for 35€?
the need is for my bedroom, they would be plugged with a T-Amp 5065 and a squeezebox duet
thank you in advance

Could it be an approximate replacement for a Pioneer BoFu 8" driver?

Yes, though the BoFu ideally needs a bit more net Vb tuned ~10 Hz lower for max flat, so close enough drop-in, though no clue about wide band performance comparisons since the cab alignment only covers the bandwidth between Fb and its upper mass corner [Fhm] = 2*Fs/Qts'.

[Qts']: [Qts] + any added series resistance [Rs]: Calculate new Qts with Series Resistor