Need identification if possible.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello guys.

I have a chance to pick up a pair of speakers, and the guy who sells them, claims that it's a pair of Fostex being inside.
He has no idea what model it is, and don't want to take one out to look at he back, therefore my question.

Is it possible to identify them from this single photo ?

I have to drive about 300 Km to pick them up, so i would like to know if it's worth while. ( also, i don't know what price i should bid )

Best regards
Ebbe

Attachments

• fostex.jpg
    fostex.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 112
As in the drivers? They look like a pair of FE204 - FE206s. Cabinet might be one of the old Lowther Accousta 124, or possibly something along the lines of Fostex's old BK201s, doubled in width, or a Coral 10in horn with two drivers stuffed in.

Let me get this straight -he's expecting somebody to drive ~190 miles, pay him money, & can't be bothered to pick up a screwdriver to unfasten one driver (not exactly a hardship) to let you know what it is? Good selling technique. I must remember that one.

Hi Scottmoose.

Thanks a lot for answering.

Yes, it's not the best selling technique, but i have a feeling that he doesn't really know anything about these speakers, they were given to him by someone.

Honestly, i see an opportunity to make a bargain, that's why i try this forum, as i know there's a lot of really competent people inhere, You being one of them.

I'll try once again to persuade him to get a screwdriver in his hand.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.