Wood cone speakers for Frugel-horn or other DIY

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm making a frugal horn (www.frugal-horn.com) to go with my amp. These speakers use a single driver and rely on expertly designed wave guides to reinforce the sound. You can have a very low power source and still have a decent sounding speaker. Best of all it's a diy.
I'm putting together a group buy for wood cone speakers. Of course they have some draw backs because the increased mass of the cone. However they look fantastic.
Each 6.5 inch, 8 ohm speaker driver will cost you $40 plus delivery to your house. I need a minimum order of 50 but I'm willing to buy the last 10 on credit and sell them later if I can get 40 paid for in advance.
Please see this link:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/show...threadid=128753
If you have any questions, you are welcome to ask. These retail for $79.99.
Check out the group buy for a speaker as cool looking as your amp.

Attachments

• fr179b-11.jpg
    fr179b-11.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 1,183
Sorry,
I'm building one of the other ones, from the spawn series, the Mikasa. Also,I'm almost done with the Oliva. I'm just heading out to the garage to put on a coat of stain. The Olivas will be done in the next few days. The Mikasa will have to wait for the group buy for a wood horn or make due with something else.
Are you one of the people who created these?
Thanks,
Spencer

EmergencyDpt said:
Sorry,
I'm building one of the other ones, from the spawn series, the Mikasa.

Mikasa is also designed for 4 1/2in drivers. Specifically the FE126E. This wood-coned job might fit (just) but the enclosure isn't really big enough. Based on a brief look at the driver specs., it should go into the Hiro box. Of course, there's only one way to find out how well it'll really work... ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.