best enclosure for fe167e

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
fostex FE167E driver

Very nice fostex full range driver
:)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

T-Line enclosures are used & favoured a lot by planet10 (from Canada)
who has gather a lot of information, knowledge, material and plans for such use:
http://www.planet10-hifi.com/boxes-fostex.html
He also has got a full featured diy website with only free stuff & links for us:
T-line Speakers - by planet10

Good Luck with your Fostex FE167E project.
Sure is a very beautiful and good full range driver :cool:
Probably worth every penny of paid price ....

Lineup

Bob are those suitable for a medium to large room? 7x5m? I'm still looking for a single driver solution that will still do 35Hz at over 80db/w prefferably 86db or higher... I.e. I will not have the resources available after building, to build subs too...

Also I would like to use FE168 as this seems to be the limit in my budget... I guess there are cheaper 8" drivers, would those be better suited? I feel I am drifting in the sea of indecision again after I was told the metronome would not cut it for my room.

Nordic said:
Bob are those suitable for a medium to large room? 7x5m? I'm still looking for a single driver solution that will still do 35Hz at over 80db/w prefferably 86db or higher... I.e. I will not have the resources available after building, to build subs too...

I would think so. 80dB @ 35Hz is pretty modest and doable if you have any room lift at all. Also, if you are only 2-3m back from the speakers, it's a shoe-in.

Also I would like to use FE168 as this seems to be the limit in my budget... I guess there are cheaper 8" drivers, would those be better suited? I feel I am drifting in the sea of indecision again after I was told the metronome would not cut it for my room.

I like 8"ers. My newly acquired DX3's in MLTL's are sensational. I also have a pair of 207 BR's that are very good, thank you. 8's have more grunt that 6's. More presence. 8's do need a super tweeter, particularly for young ears, but I don't miss the highs with the DX3's. YMMV.

Bob

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.