Fullrange Drivers From China!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I found some interesting looking full range drivers from Gui-sound Electronics Industrial Co., Ltd. located in Dongguan City, Guangdong 523782, China. From what I can see they're offering 6.5" 8" 10" and maybe larger 12" full range drivers.

Here's their website:
http://www.gui-sound.com/e_prd.asp?BigClassName=Full Range Speaker

I looked around but couldn't locate what their minimum ordering quantity is. They look nice to me, any comments?

Thetubeguy1954

Rational Subjectivism, It's An Acquired Taste.

Scottmoose said:
Oh, it's these gui-sound guys again. Someone mentioned them a while back. I believe they are the manufactrers of the Audio Nirvana range -not surprising; small they are not. They look decent enough for the money, but who knows?

Hello Scott! I'm still loving my Madisons aka Sachikos. Thanks for your part in bringing this design into fruition.

When I looked at the full range drivers on Gui site the first thing that crossed my mind was how much these drivers looked like the Audio Nirvanas!

That said, David Dicks of Commonsense Audio and I were exchanging emails a bit back ---{perhaps as long as 2 years ago}--- and at that time David told me ---{IIRC that is}--- the Audio Nirvana drivers are made the the exact same factory that makes the Fostex drivers for Fostex! So do you know where the Fostex drivers are made? If so we'd have our answer about whether or not these are the guys making the Audio Nirvana drivers!

Thetubeguy1954

Rational Subjectivism, It's An Acquired Taste!

Show of hands, how many people (and how many units each) are interested in a group buy for the 6.5inch 8ohm wooden cone speaker Model: FR179B8-11M.

I may be willing to arrange and ship out if there is an interest. It would be set up in the manner of a coop. You would need to pay in advance including shipping charges to you plus a small fee to cover my incidentals. I will not handle any returns or damages enroute so you MUST purchase insurance. I think that two of these speakers would fit in a USPS flat rate box for us $9.90.

Today is August 16th and I will start a formal group by at the end of the month should the minimum order be close to the interest level.

Thanks,
Spencer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.