Best speakers/setup for Amp6-Basic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
As you can see I'm new here and also to this sort of audio stuff. I'm interested in making a portable boombox sort of thing but hopefully smaller than what other people have made.

I'd like to use the Amp6-Basic (http://www.41hz.com/) and in association with it either 1 or 2 full-range speakers per 25W channel. I've found there to be an overwhelming number of speakers on the net and aren't sure what setup will work best either, so can anyone recommend:

1) What setup I should use -> 1 or 2 speakers per channel?
2) Recommended speakers to work with the Amp6-Basic?

Thanks for your guys help.

small fullrangers...

my amp6 Basic sounds great running some Castle 2 ways, some Planet10 "Fonkens", and almost anything in between.

No difficult loads need apply though, the little T-amp can't swing a bunch of current. single speakers per channel please, unless you like the smell of smoke.

AMP6 BASIC + Fostex FE166e BiBs

I built an AMP6 BASIC and have been using it with my FE166e BiBs, and a Cowon D2 PMP as a source (playing FLAC files). The overall result is amazing. This little amp punches above its weight with these speakers. The bottom end is pretty solid, and it can put out a surprising amount of noise if you need.

I am considering buying a cd player to use with the drivers on a more permanent basis, and would probably modify the AMP6 with a volume control as well as changing the gain resistors to suit.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.