Hemp Acoustics FR8C in Angular Spiral Enclosure

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
They belong to a friend of mine. He said I can try if I like them I can buy.

this pair has a rising response around 8khz, I would not use it as a full ranger. I tried to use them as a 2-way x-over around 3.5khz, sounds very good. Hempcone material has an attractive sound. Efficiency around 96db.

Ipanema said:
Hi ttan98,

Which seller allow you the pair for trial?

Hi cjctan,

Since you're not quite happy with Fr8C, can you sell it to me with a good discount. :D Just want to try out how it sound.

Regards.

Hi Ipanema,

I have no intention of selling it at a "good discount" but will consider swapping with a pair of fostex or other fullranger ;)

panomaniac said:
The Hemp FR8c isn't as bright or shouty as some FR drivers, really.

I dont have experience with many FR, but I do find my FR8C shouty. Way too much. To the point that I either use a notch filter (or two) or replace them.

To their advantage, I can say that the HF (probably over 10k, havent measured yet) do not beam and are quite pleasant.

I'm not sure what to do ATM. My drivers have about 130hrs, so the burn-in is done.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.