HalfChang question w/207e

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey all,
first I would like to thank Scottmoose for the time spent with the design and answering question, so thanks.

I am new to the fullrange driver scene, after many attempts at finding mid-range magic in my speakers, and am very happy with the speed/immediacy of the Fostex in this design. In listening to the Cheskey ultimate disc, I find alot of the sought after attributes in these speakers, also knowing I need to add a tweeter for the top end. I have a pair of Seas 27tdfc I might try here.

Now for the question. I have about a hundred hours at this point on the drivers, and wonder if I need more break-in or if I am hearing an inherent value of these speakers. At lower volumes it seems as if i need a 'loudness' button to improve the bass, where at higher volumes this isnt an issue. Just wondering if they will break-in more to this or something else I should look into.

Thanks as always.

Rotel 955ax with 1541 Dac and BB op-amps
Aikido Octal linestage with EH 6sn7, Kiwame resistors and Sprague Vitamin Q output Caps
Passdiy F4 monoblocks with Kiwame resistors and BlackGate caps (std)

andy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.