Testing box configurations with Pioneer B20

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,

I plan to build a test box for use with the Pioneer B20 when I move to Victoria, BC.

What I intended was to build a 3 cubic foot box with a slotted port on the bottom like the one from Godzillas site. I can then also stuff the port to seal it off, so I then have a sealed box to play with. I would then be able to play with putting a series resistor in line with the amplifier and playing with constant current amplifiers to increase the low frequencies as well as the high frequencies with the sealed box like Nelson Pass did.

So I have a few questions about this setup then:

1. Godzilla suggests a box size of 58" x 9.25" x 9.75". Is there a more optimum dimension set than this (other than golden ratio)? I would like to keep the speaker up around ear level (when sitting).

2. What would you suggest for stuffing the box that would work well with both the ported and sealed setup?

3. Is there anything else I may be missing?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.