Am I the only person that DIDN'T like their B20's ?!?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
rjbond3rd,

They are vintage AFAIK. I don't believe they are currently in production. Those looked to be NOS. Did you see what they sold for ? Only $10 ! ! ! ! I wish , I wish , I wish.... . . . . . .

GM,

All I can say is that you need to have a listen to a pair that are in good shape. CR-12A is the model. I speak for no other model.

No EQ, no circuits, nothing but wire hooked straight to the amp. AMAZING mids/vocals.

I think you would be quite surprised.

........................Blake

Greets!

I would love to, but apparently it's so rare and/or its performance is such a well kept secret that only you have dared to make it public.

WRT to the CR-12AEs, I'm familiar with them since they were marketed as a LaFayette house brand also and AFAIK they were made by Coral, so they are well made and do perform very good for what they are, but no competition to the Lowther, etc. in the 'critical' human speech BW IMO.

Indeed, I have some 8" RS drivers that retailed for only $14.95 8 yrs ago IIRC that I'm confident will easily best them in clarity, inner detail from ~300 Hz up, though its rather fragile diaphragm, 15 W rated 1" VC and near zero Xmax severely limits its usable LF and dynamic headroom, so overall the CR-12AE is the 'no-brainer' choice IMO for single driver duty between the two. BW limited to ~300 Hz though and my choice swings to the RS and why when they were discontinued I bought all I could find locally in the hope that I would someday be an active builder again.

As always though, YMMV.

GM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.