BIB calculator problem...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
GM and zilla site should be commended for such a valuable information for the diy folks here: http://www.zillaspeak.com/bib-howtobuild.asp

I downloaded the calculator both new and old, and I come up with a markedly different SM values as illustrated. I assume the old version is giving the right information.

I am unsure of the value units etc. (can't seem to send private email to GM).

I tried to insert the values for Pioneer 4.5 speaker here: http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=290-010

any help will be appreciate.

gychang

Attachments

• bib.jpg
    bib.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 525
Thenumbers for the 168e Sigma are already plugged in. I did lock the cells so that they did not accidently get changed. You can still change the wood thickness though. If you have different TS parameters, just put them into one of the blank colums. Let me know if this does not work.

Calculator

Don't quite know why but I can now see all the data, when I tried before this was all missing.

Thanks for all the hard work putting together a resoursce like this fantastic achievement .

Just need to total the wood requirements, order the drivers and have some fun

:clown:

TS: factory or measured?

I would like to build BIBs for my 126E drivers. The measured TS specs are much closer to those measured by P10, than to the factory specs. I ran the measured specs in the new BIB calculator. Of course the enclosure dimensions are quite different from those calculated from the factory specs. In particular, the line length is 18 inches less, Vb is 20% greater, and Sm is over 30% higher.

Is the BIB design relatively insensitive to TS variations like the BVRs?

I would guess that a change in line length corresponds to a change in tuning frequency for the TL action in the bottom octave. Hence the shorter line calculated from the measured specs would not load the driver to as low a frequency as the 'factory spec' design.

Both of the designs (measured or factory) would 'vent' about mid-wall/corner. Would an inverted design, using floor/corner loading provide better loading?

In a given BIB design (like the 126e /factory specs), what does a change in Vb do with respect to response and effective driver loading? And Sm?

Thanks,

Bob

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.