mikasa/spawn family/frugal horn

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
mikasa..... maiko

Hi.... I looked at the Maiko, but the Mikasa still has my heart...... using perhaps a Fostex FE 126 speaker, not a Feastrex. Or a Merril DCA4 speaker..... The Mikasa enclosure looks 'right' to me....
Anyone have any experience with this cabinet??

Thank you

Re: mikasa..... maiko

[
The Mikasa enclosure looks 'right' to me....

Thank you

Like P10 just said, there are two pairs out there and one under construction. And if the owners chime in and tell you how they sound with the Feastrex D5nf drivers you'll really think they are "right", then you go stuff in your 126 or ?, and think everyone is deaf or something:confused:

Feastrex
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Fostex
fe126e.jpg

Dave:)

mikasa...... please, not the maiko

Hi.... I hope we are talking about the mikasa enclosure....which was designed by S. Lindgren for the fostex fe126 speaker.....

after reading (post 2) from planet 10, I searched the forums for Feastrex D5NF and found planet 10 describing a proprietary Maiko cabinet.....(2 pair exist & a 3rd is under construction...etc)

Does anyone have any experience with the Frugal horn/Spawn family/Mikasa cabinet?

?? Lornie

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Re: mikasa..... maiko

lornie said:
Hi.... I looked at the Maiko, but the Mikasa still has my heart...... using perhaps a Fostex FE 126 speaker, not a Feastrex. Or a Merril DCA4 speaker..... The Mikasa enclosure looks 'right' to me....

Thank you

My bad... i bet my comment was confusing. there are so many Spawns even i get confused. When you said Mikasa i thought Maiko. Not many Mikasa either, but, at least aesthetically one of my favorites. Saburo seems to have caught more people's imagination.

dave

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
DaveCan said:
The Mikasa may look right to you, but it was designed for a certain driver, not the 126 or ?. But you could buy the plans?, stuff a 126 in it or?, and enjoy yourself if you could stand the sound?. But hey, at least it would look pretty:smash:

Mikasa was designed for FE126, and the context of the Silicon Impact makes a lot of sense with that. If it is the original SI, you'll need to do the cap mod to get all the bass Mikasa is capable of... a bit upscale from the SI, if you haven't gotten it and have the budget is the KingRex.

dave

planet10 said:

Mikasa was designed for FE126, and the context of the Silicon Impact makes a lot of sense with that. If it is the original SI, you'll need to do the cap mod to get all the bass Mikasa is capable of... a bit upscale from the SI, if you haven't gotten it and have the budget is the KingRex.

dave

I know, see above.. I was going by what you first said, as I thought you knew what you were talking about:D It's the Maiko for Feastrex not the Mikasa like we both were saying to lornie :blush:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.