desktop TL with 3" driver (with real bass)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
lol i might have to employ some horse brasses on my latest project, then i can blag that they are part of the necessary faraday cage...............

Though your suggestion of a faraday cage is highly implausible, thanks for the suggestion of using horse brasses, those might be some interesting shapes!

Uncle Meat- Thanks for the link to your thread, though I wish I could read German! Seems you didn't use a port? I gather you increased tube height to compensate for the smaller tube cross-sectional area?

-Kent

Uncle Meat- Thanks for the link to your thread, though I wish I could read German! Seems you didn't use a port? I gather you increased tube height to compensate for the smaller tube cross-sectional area?
-Kent

Without port, it would be a CB.. The lower part is only there, so I have some space for a notch filter.. There are some holes in the rear side below the "base disk", total around 2 times the end area of the line..
The cross section is only 6% smaller than Henkjans box, I guess that makes no audible difference.
I used cardboard templates to find the proper shape for the "divider board".

it might.. if I can find the file, I could rerun the simulation
spot the differences:

original
CT222-TL rechtop far field.png

FR88:
CT222-TL rechtop far field met FR88EX.png

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.