BSC for Bib?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I know that Bibs are meant for corner placement, but I like them pulled away from the back wall because the image depth is better. I'm thinking of adding a BSC between my amp and preamp as described in this bottlehead thread:

http://www.audioasylum.com/cgi/t.mpl?f=bottlehead&m=102309

They say to use a .033uf cap for baffles 8-9" wide. My Lowther Bibs are 11.75" wide. Does anyone know what value will work for that (I can't find any info other than "larger").

GM

Joined 2003
Assuming you haven't stuffed them to the point of 'killing' just about all its gain BW, its baffle width will be pretty much irrelevant since even away from the corners they should have enough gain to lower the baffle step considerably, so get a cheap 25 ohm pot from RS/whoever and some cheap small value caps and begin experimenting. Once dialed in, use a VOM to measure the pot's resistance and get some decent quality components to make the R/C filter.

GM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.