Question about Fostex FE107E

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This full range is great for my next project. However, it seems that it is prone to pass the displacement limits very easily, even if driven at 1W. The same thing with the FE127E. Will I damage the speakers if I drive them at 2W?

I used the Vented Designer v2.0 from ajdesigner.com. The speaker is better than the FR10 4Ohm from Visaton, but the displacement limit being that low worries me.

I'm using them on my next project, Quatour II. I think they are better than the Visatons FR10, since they wont be boomy, they don't load the amplifier so much and they have an higher dB than the Visatons at 4W. Better yet, they are shielded. The bass is not so good, but at least it is predicted to be detailed.

As a matter of fact, I will use FE127Es, since the FR107E needs a box that is too small. I wonder about the the accuracy of the given specifications. In the graph it would give a bit of over excursion at 1W.
I will use SBB4 alignment. It is not the most linear, but has the best transient response. Besides, the unlinearity is not noticeable (it might be less than 1dB over at 120Hz). The volume for a QB3 alignment is very close to the one required for a C4 alignment. This is not desirable, I prefer having a F3 of 73.2Hz than having on of 63.2Hz and with the risk of having a poor transient response.

On the original Quatour I had to opt for a C4 alignment. Here, I can choose.

I've calculated a box volume of 8.31164L, a F3 of 73.2Hz and a Fb of 70.4Hz. The port will have 39mm diametre and 58mm length. What do you think?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.