Fostex OK for in wall speakers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2005
Paid Member
Hey all, I am about to buy a house that has wiring set up for 5.1.

I am thinking 0f using five Fostex FE126 as in wall speakers . I know that the Qts of the FE126 is not really conducive for a Open Baffle type design, but wonder how it would sound or if anyone has done it.

I plan to use a Panny XR45 (or a XR50) as the 5.1 receiver and I have a choice of a few subs... I was really planning on re-using my Magnepan MMG-Ws, but the wife says "no way".

Also looking at the Vifa A10CC-07 from Apex Jr instead. Also need to find out how I am going to cover them without grills...I wish I could just use the maggies!

I posted a question a short while ago about modifying the Mileva (with either an FE126 or FE127) design to fit between wall studs. In my case, it would be for new construction, so cutting large sections of drywall would not be an issue. Sound like it's possible, but might need some tweaking to match standard 2x4 framing. It's another option if you don't mind a more invasive approach.

link

Squib

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Yes, I see those posts now - for some reason they did not come up on my last search...

FE127 would work better that the FE126...hmmm. There would be three monted on the wall and two in the cieling. The wall mounted speakers have the firebreak, so volume would be approx 4' x 14" x 4"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.