Fostex Fe103e blh recommended enclosure frequency response

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I agree with planet10's description of the FE103E in the Fostex recommended BLH. Its a finicky build and despite working hard to fine tune it, I scrapped them. I tried a suprabaffle, tried stuffing the CC, reducing the size of the CC, and various room placement locations. No matter what the bass sounded like you had ear plugs in.

I ended up building the Fostex BR for them and was much happier; just don't expect any real bass. You need to pair these cabs to a subwoofer or two.

Recently I've been experimenting with them in an OB similar to MJK's OB for the FE103E and Eminence Alpha 15A -- this has provided the best sound so far. The midrange (and bass) is excellent and there is a very wide soundstage.

I wish I saw this post before I built mine for RS 40-1197.They actualy had decent definition and strong bass with the sides just clamped on with plenty of leaks.Now they are as you desrcibe with boomy bass and nasty peaks.
Maybe I should drill some holes in certain places to mimick the leaks I had before.:xeye:

Attachments

• rs 40-1197.jpg
    rs 40-1197.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 334
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.