Pioneer CS-922 Repair

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello people,

Sorry if I am a Noob, but I'd love to learn. I hope this thread isn't too low brow or purile because I really love these speakers and need some help to get them back to something near their best.

Basically I have a number of problems with these speakers I love so much, ever since I remember (they were my Dad's originally).

1. The foam has corroded on the 15" inch woofers, so I need to refoam them. Where could I buy suitable foam kits?

2. The plastic around the pots melted at a gig for a skate jam. I will have to redesign the pots for frequency control...what pots would be best? Maybe better than before?

3. One of the 4 inch mid ranges has gone, literally, my Dad lost it! How would I determine what speakers to replace the mid ranges with?

Everything else is fine...lol

Any advice would really be appreciated...the day I switch these back on and listen will be a very happy one!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.