drawing freeware???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ProgeCAD has a free version called ProgeCAD Smart or something like that. It is free and not very crippled, if you want a 2D package. ProgeCAD is a clone of AutoCAD, and shares a near identical user interface.

For a 3D package, Sketchup is the way to go, although you can do wireframe/surface modeling in ProgeCAD.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Ron E said:
ProgeCAD is a clone of AutoCAD, and shares a near identical user interface.

That would be a good reason to put it at the bottom of the short-list.

Sketch-up is very good for what it does, it is kind of awkward for doing dimensionally accurate drawings. I usually start with a simplified set of the 2D shapes imported in from VectorWorks (a 1st class CAD program, and cheap for what it does, but certainly not free)

dave

For 2D drawings and constructions I use qcad. In my opinion a good program. It is available for Linux and for windows and there is a community edition licensed under the GPL which can be easily compiled under Linux (with a little effort on Windows too). For the Professional edition they charge 24€.

Best regards

Hi.

I've used TurboCAD a lot and it works just fine.

The UI is not the same as AutoCAD, but I think TurboCAD is a bit easier to get started with.

At one point there were a free edition called "TurboCAD Learning Edition" ( I think ). It was available for free at the TurboCAD www-page.

Last time I looked it wasn't available, but at one time it was and therefore I think it's still legal to use? Any comments on that?

I think that you can still find the "Learning Edition" somewhere on the web if you Google for it.

Regards TroelsM

hi

CAD freewares (some could be complex !)

Turbocad freeware(2d)
Hycad freeware(chinese, 2d)
progecad 2008 smart (3d)
Kompas-3d LT V8 (russian, 3d)
free2design(2d)

for renderig:

AMAPI freeware (french, very good, modeler too, simple to use)
BRYCE 3d freeware (simple, for games rendering)
Truspace freeware (like AMAPI)

But any one needs a learning period

Good luck

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.