Feastrex Fun - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th May 2008, 01:01 AM   #31
DaveM is offline DaveM  United States
diyAudio Member

I have to argue against the Lamborghini. That is a all show and not so much go car. All image and little substance. The Mitsubishi Evo is faster round a track than the new Murcielago. I would think more of a Bugatti Veyron, or Ferrari F-40. Both built to a performance goal that was achieved. I am curious if the Feastrex achieves it's performance goal. Time will tell I'm sure.

Old 14th May 2008, 01:21 AM   #32
DaveCan is offline DaveCan  Canada
diyAudio Member

The new 2009 ZR1 Corvette will eat all those mentioned for breakfast, and cheaper too, 638 hp and 604 ft-pound torque, over 200mph.. Dave
http://corvettemuseum.com/specs/2009zr1/index.shtml

Ps. Mr. Pass this is cool you have those drivers, will be great to hear your review when ready...
Old 14th May 2008, 04:32 AM   #33
Variac is offline Variac  United States
diyAudio Editor

Shoulda named this thread "Driver and Car"
Old 14th May 2008, 05:12 AM   #34
The one and only

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveCan
Mr. Pass this is cool you have those drivers, will be great to hear your review when ready...
I really like these drivers, and I am very happy to share my
experiences, but I am not looking to be a reviewer.

I want for other people to be encouraged to try these things and
build great systems for themselves, and toward that end I will provide
blueprints for whatever works for me.

Lowthers, Feastrex, and other high end ("high cost") full range drivers
have an uphill battle in this marketplace, but what they offer is not
particularly expensive in the context of what comparable, even lesser,
products go for in this industry.
Old 14th May 2008, 07:26 PM   #35
diyAudio Member

Beautiful setup Nelson...

Even if you are not a reviewer we would like to hear your impressions in some comparable fashion
Old 14th May 2008, 08:22 PM   #36
diyAudio Member

I know I am persisting a completely off topic rant, but.... to hear of a Corvette being compared to a Veyron. Simply they are not in the same league. 1001 hp vs 620 hp. 922 ft-lb vs 604. 253 mph vs 205 mph. The Veyron does 0-60 in 2.5 seconds vs the Corvette "in the low three seconds"

I realize these numbers are only part of the picture, but when we are trying to make an analogy to drivers that cost more than all the components in my system put together, I think the comparison to the cost no object supercar is more appropriate. I can't possibly see how the Corvette "will eat all those mentioned for breakfast" when it is slower and less powerful.

Again I apologize for the off topic, but I hate to leave misinformation alone.
Old 14th May 2008, 08:54 PM   #37
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveM
I know I am persisting a completely off topic rant, but.... to hear of a Corvette being compared to a Veyron. Simply they are not in the same league. 1001 hp vs 620 hp. 922 ft-lb vs 604. 253 mph vs 205 mph. The Veyron does 0-60 in 2.5 seconds vs the Corvette "in the low three seconds"

I realize these numbers are only part of the picture, but when we are trying to make an analogy to drivers that cost more than all the components in my system put together, I think the comparison to the cost no object supercar is more appropriate. I can't possibly see how the Corvette "will eat all those mentioned for breakfast" when it is slower and less powerful.

Again I apologize for the off topic, but I hate to leave misinformation alone.
I missed that one.. Does it really matter? The Corvette is daily driver friendly and costs way, way less, goes really fast etc.. You can have your Bugatti and I'll take the Vette if you please

Anyhow, your impressions of the Feastrex will be good to read and even though like the Bugatti and the Vette I'll never be able to own a pair, it will still be interesting to read etc.. Dave
Old 14th May 2008, 09:10 PM   #38
diyAudio Member

Click the image to open in full size.

I'll take the one that doesn't need gas please Dave
Old 14th May 2008, 09:21 PM   #39
diyAudio Member

In the end, no it doesn't matter at all. I am just living vicariously through others. Given a choice I would likely go for an M3, but I have this itch to build a lotus 7 kit car and put a euro 2.0 liter turbo diesel BMW motor in it. 150hp and 190lb-ft in a 900 lb car mmmmm that sound nice.
Old 14th May 2008, 09:46 PM   #40
kmaier is offline kmaier  United States
diyAudio Member

Better yet, just look at the Tesla Roadster. All charged up, performance is quite good with 0-60 times below 4 seconds.... has Lotus-inspired chassis/handling and best of all, no gas required... simply shocking!

Personally, I'll keep the Esprit V8... there's a lot more to total performance than straight-line go.... and, I'm keeping my D5NFs too!

Regards, KM

Hide this!Advertise here!