JX6R HD: Any News on NA Availability? A Good Substitute? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th April 2008, 01:02 AM   #1
Karl71 is offline Karl71  United States
diyAudio Member

Question JX6R HD: Any News on NA Availability? A Good Substitute?

Greetings -

I've been lurking for quite some time and decided today was the day to post. I've learned a ton re fullrange drivers here. In fact, I was encouraged to try the Fostex FF85K from what I had read here. Needless to say, I got hooked. Now is the time for the next step, which should be a pair of sealed mini monitors and sub. That brings me to the Jordan JX6R HD.

Does anyone know when the JX6R HD will be available in the US or Canada? At what price in US$?

Is there a good substitute until the the Jordan unit becomes available? I love the FF85K, but the rising top end annoys me. A 3" cone or smaller and a Qts suitable for a sealed cab is what I am after.

Regards,

Karl Lewis
Old 30th April 2008, 03:20 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Solen is showing the JXR6HD as being on Back Order. However, they are not showing a price yet.
Old 30th April 2008, 07:52 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

I noticed that last night when I was looking at the Veravox 3 on the Solen site. BTW, that driver has some nice specs for my application, especially the high Qts and the fairly low Fs. However, there was no response graph available.

This "system" is intended to provide the dispersion and coherence I love about small single drivers and to fill out the bass. Going to a sub below 150Hz, say, seems reasonable. The idea was inspired Ted Jordan's notion of one JX6R HD (or four, as he seems to prefer) per channel, wall-mounted, and a sub. The trick, apparently, is that his driver will do this with no problem. Other units may not integrate quite as well.

I am very open to ideas. Doesn't Visaton or Monacor have ~2" (60mm) drivers that one of own here has tried successfully? Are they available in the US?

Regards,

Karl
Old 30th April 2008, 03:30 PM   #4
CSS/XBL is offline CSS/XBL  Canada
diyAudio Member

Hi,

Please note that the Mark Audio (www.markaudio.com) Alpair 5 2" driver will be available shortly.

Bob
Old 30th April 2008, 05:09 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Bob -

Thanks for the heads-up on the new Markaudio drivers. I am very glad to see the development of small full range/wide range drivers continuing.

The response for each looks rather ragged. However, I do wonder how much of an audible effect this has. One of the major attractions of the JX6 is its "flat-as-a-board" response. Would wall-mounting smooth response "bumps"?

Have you tried either one? If so, have you compared it to the JX-53/JX6R HD or any other 2"-3" unit?

Regards,

Karl
Old 30th April 2008, 05:31 PM   #6
CSS/XBL is offline CSS/XBL  Canada
diyAudio Member

Karl,

I have both the older Mark Audio J6T as well as a pair of prototpe Alpair 5 copper. My first inventory of the 5s will ship from Hong Kong next week and I will have both versions available.

As a one time Jordan distributor (and long time user) I know more about Jordan, Mark Auio, EAD, etc. than I'm allowed to share. Once we have production drivers we will do some measurments but I have been doing this long enough to know that not everyone uses the same scales and resolution (smoothing?) when posting frequency response measurments. Until the J6X RD is back in production and someone can do comparative measurements comparisons aren't really relevant.

FYI Mark Audio is also working on additional larger cone drivers so things could get interesting.

Bob
Old 30th April 2008, 09:14 PM   #7
Colin is offline Colin  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Last I heard, Ted Jordan was awaiting arrival of first test batch of the new JXR6s. Not sure how that equates to production run, I guess it depends if they pass all the tests.
Old 1st May 2008, 12:08 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

Colin -

Thanks very much for the info.

Do you cross your JXR6 units to a sub? If so, how low and to what kind of sub?

Regards,

Karl
Old 1st May 2008, 10:44 AM   #9
Colin is offline Colin  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I haven't done a lot of experimentation with them yet but I'm currently using the JXR6s in a 2.4 litre ceramic enclosure, which gives a roll-off about 120Hz (Ted recommends 3 litre as optimum). I've a Rega sub which I then roll in about this level down to around 30Hz, which is the lowest my room will manage. As I say, I could do with more playing around to match levels and position. Building work in the house has prevented me getting to it lately.

The JXR6s actually work quite well on their own if placed in corners or near a wall but then I don't listen loud. They sound good if fired straight ahead so could be built into a wall.
Old 16th November 2008, 07:04 PM   #10
Chris74 is offline Chris74  United States
diyAudio Member

Anyone have news or updates on the Jxr6hd production status?

Hide this!Advertise here!