Pm6a

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi
I just got a pair of used Lowther PM6A and I want to build BLH.s for them.
I was thinking of the Fidelio but I read the Big Fun Horn would have great bass (it might be too big to move about and for my room) is the All Fun Horn much of a compromise ?
I like the look of the Beauhorn and the size ,I wonder is the All Fun Horn a similar size.
I can,t seem to find any details on the dimensions for these speakers, all the links to them seem to be out of date or just don,t work.
I found some details on the Lowther club of America but I cant find the width of the baffle.
I built a pair of FE206 in 208sigmna cabs last year and they had lovely bass probably down to 50hz I,m guessing that would be fine for me.
If any one has any suggestions or recomendations I would be grateful.
Thank you
Mark

Big Fun/All Fun Horn

Funny thing about Lowther America. If you write and ask a question I will reply. Sometimes I miss postings like this, where I can simply answer a question.

Big Fun Horns are 14-1/2" wide inside dimension. I have a copy of the All Fun Horn article which can be e-mailed. The article includes the dimensions. Write to me and request it, and I can send it.

The real problem with these designs is that the require corner loading. Can have great bass, but some rooms have corners that simply do not sound very good. Depends on wall treatment, etc. If your walls & floor are well damped, by all means give these a try. Otherwise consider the Hedlund Horn (my personal favorite, but only if made cold molded or with good plywood), the Medallion, and add a subwoofer.

PM6 sat- HORN

Hello,

i tested and measurement same Lowther,

i think a good one of Lowthers as a satellite
i like my HORN

fullrange i would prefer my SAXOPHONE

Attachments

• 2alphornhornsatkl.dat.jpg
    2alphornhornsatkl.dat.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 519
Hi
Thanks for the help.

I am going to build the ALL Fun Horn I think it suits my needs perfectly I felt the Big fun/ Saxaphon are too much speaker for the room(and the wife).
Thanks Jon/ Lowther America for sending me that article by Ketil Parow besides being a great help for this horn project it is a good article on horn design in general.

I can,t wait to get started
Thanks again
Mark

mccreamark said:
Hi
I just got a pair of used Lowther PM6A and I want to build BLH.s for them.
I was thinking of the Fidelio but I read the Big Fun Horn would have great bass (it might be too big to move about and for my room) is the All Fun Horn much of a compromise ?
I like the look of the Beauhorn and the size ,I wonder is the All Fun Horn a similar size.
I can,t seem to find any details on the dimensions for these speakers, all the links to them seem to be out of date or just don,t work.
I found some details on the Lowther club of America but I cant find the width of the baffle.
I built a pair of FE206 in 208sigmna cabs last year and they had lovely bass probably down to 50hz I,m guessing that would be fine for me.
If any one has any suggestions or recomendations I would be grateful.
Thank you
Mark

the best solution for pm6a & pm4 is classic tqwt (30mm mdf). i have
pm4 in that cabinet and runs very good. reason why - lowther's
cone displacement is his enemy! be carefull! this is frendly advice!
don't damage them by build fulish cabinets!
the best solution for amp is se 3.5 - 5w pentode or ultralinear.
triode amps with lowther play like little girl, not like montserrat
caballe.
sorry for my english.
bye, sax

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.