Hot-Rod Varnish Formula

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just received this twice monthly letter from Fine Woodworking, and I thought I would pass it along to you speaker builders. It is about a quick and easy way to hand apply a nice and fast drying varnish, that you can easily use with your speaker projects.

It's a 3:48 minute video and although I have not tried out the proportions before, it is very much like padding on shellac. The only difference is that it uses varnish, and other ingredients.

You may find it worthwhile, if spraying on a finish is not your strong suit. And even if it is, it is still a neat little method of applying a nice finish. Just don't pay any attention to their attempt at homour. ;)

How to Hot-Rod Your Varnish

There's the full Hot Rod article in the current print version Fine Woodworking mag as well.

I'm not much on finishes but it looked like a way to fill in pores and other wood blemishes.

Also a good piece on biscuit joinery.

Plus, the mag. is always full of eye popping craftsmanship.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.