Tumor - Page 5 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th March 2008, 07:46 PM   #101
Henkjan is offline Henkjan  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

OK, so the s**ker is out! great to see you back.

Click the image to open in full size.
dutch tradition to those recovering: basket of fruit
Old 30th March 2008, 08:01 PM   #102
49 - for the 18th time - again!
diyAudio Member

Zilla - GREAT to hear that you are in recovery and that things went well with the surgery.

Get Well Soon!!
Old 30th March 2008, 08:12 PM   #103
diyAudio Member

Yes, I have been following this too. Sounded pretty rough but glad to hear of success.
Old 30th March 2008, 10:49 PM   #104
diyAudio Member

Strewth. 6 hours. Great to see you back mate, & glad it's gone OK, even if they couldn't do what they originally hoped. Get some quality rest & yourself better.

Take care
Scott
Old 31st March 2008, 12:48 AM   #105
falis is offline falis  United States
diyAudio Member

Wishing a good, strong recovery to you. 2007 was my year for dealing with prostate cancer (well, so far). There's life after the operation (and the radiation treatment followups). The thing that'll surprise you is how you don't recognize how unrecovered you were until a lot later.

Anyway, best wishes.

- Ed
Old 31st March 2008, 12:50 AM   #106
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

Good to see you in recovery soldier. Report back for duty in two days!
Old 31st March 2008, 02:38 AM   #107
diyAudio Member

>>> 2007 was my year for dealing with prostate cancer (well, so far). There's life after the operation (and the radiation treatment followups). The thing that'll surprise you is how you don't recognize how unrecovered you were until a lot later.

Fails, that is exactly correct. After the surgery i felt a load lift from my mind and knowing the obstruction was gone was a huge relief. Living with this probably made me less of myself. I must have been a rotten grouch. Like my wife says, every day is another day closer to recovery. Keep up the good work on your recovery. Let us both decide not to go anywhere anytime soon ok.

I will have pictures to share with everyone when this is all over. You will all get to see the gory details.

Thanks to everyone for your love and wishes. This forum is an amazing place!
Old 31st March 2008, 02:48 AM   #108
diyAudio Member

Hello Jeff, I'm fairly new here and don't know you, but it's good to see that Godzilla has lived to wreak havoc on unsuspecting cities!

Peace and good luck with a quick recovery,

Dave
Old 31st March 2008, 03:01 AM   #109
diyAudio Member

Great to hear the baddie is out and you're on the way to recovery. Best wishes
Old 31st March 2008, 03:09 AM   #110
diyAudio Member

I have been told they will slice this bad boy up and check it for any signs of 'bad' cancer. Otherwise, the waiting is over and the recovery is on! I can stand up and sit down fine, i can walk around the hospital fine. Kneestrikes to the abdomen will hurt i'm sure but sitting in front of my system listening to music will be amazing. This will speed up putting the good chair in the basement. In the meantime, an iTouch provides musical entertainment - Eva Cassidy and ELO have been shuffling all night long. Funny how i chose these two but i am enjoying every minute! I have been told, the sooner i pass gass the sooner the tube comes out.
Old 31st March 2008, 04:12 AM   #111
Corloc is offline Corloc  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
[i]....Kneestrikes to the abdomen will hurt i'm sure ... [/B]
Masochism, I'm sure, but it did toughen you up for this current round of fun. Good luck on your recovery.

Chris
Old 31st March 2008, 04:52 AM   #112
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Godzilla
I have been told, the sooner i pass gass the sooner the tube comes out.
Have your Nurse Laura D. make a little trip "south of the boarder" and pick up a couple of bean burritos
Old 31st March 2008, 06:25 AM   #113
Nanook is offline Nanook  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default passing gas and all that...

my nurse Laura (oops, my wife Laura....), has always told me that the "passing gas" test is to ensure that the "good" microbes and bacteria in your gut are recovering too. Without them, life gets shorter...hence the "parental feeding" tube stuck through your nose and into your gut. So passing gas based on burrito consumption doesn't work... too bad, I'm sure all the Mexican food vendors would love a well publicized health benefit to their "Taco Supreme" or whatever fake Mexican food they push on the public.

Godzilla, a knee strikes will hurt for a while, even laughing can hurt an inordinate amount. Best to push into the abdomen with a hand and push with some pressure on top of the surgery site when you're laughing---you'll still feel "it", but it won't take you to tears. Glad everything is going well for you. A speedy recovery to you.

stew

a Canadian traditional get well wish:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg molsoncanadian-bottleandglass-1.jpg (26.3 KB, 433 views)
Old 31st March 2008, 09:01 AM   #114
diyAudio Member

my dad asked someone in the hospital today how he felt about 'Baraka.' he has not been following politics at all but wanted to sound smart. everytime i think about it and laugh my stomach hurts.

i am up now because i had to pee. the nurses here are not as good as the ones on the other floor.
Old 31st March 2008, 02:10 PM   #115
diyAudio Member

Quote:
[BI will have pictures to share with everyone when this is all over. You will all get to see the gory details.[/B]
Everyone should take pictures of their equpment after a hernia operation. You can really scare the ladies with that thing.

PS -- if they installed any "drains" you might want to take a roxicet or whatever else they are giving you for pain -- before the surgeon yanks them out.
Old 31st March 2008, 02:35 PM   #116
Account Disabled

missing a little bit from the forums..........

I feel very happy that everything ends well!
I wish you strength and welfare!
Old 31st March 2008, 02:44 PM   #117
diyAudio Member

Quote:
i am up now because i had to pee. the nurses here are not as good as the ones on the other floor.
When you say 'good' Jeff, in what sense are we talking here... (ahem. Sorry about that.)

Great that you're up & about already. At this rate, you'll be doing marathons before the end of next month.
Old 31st March 2008, 03:38 PM   #118
Vix is online now Vix  Yugoslavia
diyAudio Member

Jeff,

Nice to hear that everything was fine. I wish you a fast recovery.
When you get back home, you'll discover that your BiBs sound even better!
Old 31st March 2008, 03:58 PM   #119
diyAudio Member

Get well Jeff.
Working in the medical profession myself I know that the nurses at the internal medicine department are way better than at surgical wards (...). Why, I do not know. You should ask 'em, I can't without raising a lot of questions.
Again, on to a speedy recovery!
Old 31st March 2008, 05:19 PM   #120
Cheng is offline Cheng  Singapore
diyAudio Member

Hi Jeff(Godzilla),

Here is some of the pic of my build of the FF165K BIB inspired by u guys from the forum

I hope these pic will motivate u and speed up your recovery. I'll post more pic and my impression on another post.

Cheng
Old 31st March 2008, 05:27 PM   #121
diyAudio Member

I am keeping my fingers crossed and wish you complete recovery.

Best regards,
Dimitar
Old 31st March 2008, 05:31 PM   #122
diyAudio Member

Quote:
my dad asked someone in the hospital today how he felt about 'Baraka.' he has not been following politics at all but wanted to sound smart. everytime i think about it and laugh my stomach hurts.

Ha, ha "Baraka" sounds like an old house/old car in bulgarian.

Cheers,
Dimitar
Old 31st March 2008, 07:05 PM   #123
diyAudio Member

>>> Working in the medical profession myself I know that the nurses at the internal medicine department are way better than at surgical wards (...). Why, I do not know.

I have been visited by two nurses from internal medicine so far. They are wonderful. The surgical nurses tell me they cannot touch the tube down my throat and leave me alone to wait a couple hours breathing as deeply as i could waiting for a surgeon. They cannot find blood veins as easily either. To them i look like some young healthy guy around many much older folks. Does anyone know if the NG Tube can be misplaced and pressing on an artery or my heart or something? I have a lot of difficulty breathing and it's not my stomach. It's the damn tube. I may need it in another 5 days. They took xrays today to see it it may have shifted. Not fun!

Nice BIBs Cheng. It's cool to see wires hang out like frankenstine
Old 31st March 2008, 07:42 PM   #124
diyAudio Member

Hi Zilla - Good to see that you are getting better By "Baraka" do you refer to this character from Mortal Kombat" ? The staples in his chest are from the result of being split open..... Hmmm That sounds familiar seeing as my "zipper" goes from my throat to my stomach! Most nurses get sxxx from their patients all day - treat them with a little respect and kindness and you will find that it goes a long ways. Of course - being into martial arts you are already aware of such things.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg baraka v3.jpg (7.9 KB, 359 views)
Old 31st March 2008, 08:54 PM   #125
diyAudio Member

Does anyone know if the NG Tube can be misplaced and pressing on an artery or my heart or something?

Don't think so. Although you are too far away for a proper diagnosis I can tell you that gastric surgery directly affects the overlying diaphragm: that is what makes breathing quite difficult now. Hang in there for the few days it takes for your gastric sutures to become watertight. Life will become much better afterwards when it can safely be removed (just leave the damn thing in for that period).

Hide this!Advertise here!