Tumor

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Wishing a good, strong recovery to you. 2007 was my year for dealing with prostate cancer (well, so far). There's life after the operation (and the radiation treatment followups). The thing that'll surprise you is how you don't recognize how unrecovered you were until a lot later.

Anyway, best wishes.

- Ed

>>> 2007 was my year for dealing with prostate cancer (well, so far). There's life after the operation (and the radiation treatment followups). The thing that'll surprise you is how you don't recognize how unrecovered you were until a lot later.

Fails, that is exactly correct. After the surgery i felt a load lift from my mind and knowing the obstruction was gone was a huge relief. Living with this probably made me less of myself. I must have been a rotten grouch. Like my wife says, every day is another day closer to recovery. Keep up the good work on your recovery. Let us both decide not to go anywhere anytime soon ok.

I will have pictures to share with everyone when this is all over. You will all get to see the gory details.

Thanks to everyone for your love and wishes. This forum is an amazing place!

I have been told they will slice this bad boy up and check it for any signs of 'bad' cancer. Otherwise, the waiting is over and the recovery is on! I can stand up and sit down fine, i can walk around the hospital fine. Kneestrikes to the abdomen will hurt i'm sure but sitting in front of my system listening to music will be amazing. This will speed up putting the good chair in the basement. In the meantime, an iTouch provides musical entertainment - Eva Cassidy and ELO have been shuffling all night long. Funny how i chose these two but i am enjoying every minute! I have been told, the sooner i pass gass the sooner the tube comes out.

passing gas and all that...

my nurse Laura (oops, my wife Laura....), has always told me that the "passing gas" test is to ensure that the "good" microbes and bacteria in your gut are recovering too. Without them, life gets shorter...hence the "parental feeding" tube stuck through your nose and into your gut. So passing gas based on burrito consumption doesn't work... too bad, I'm sure all the Mexican food vendors would love a well publicized health benefit to their "Taco Supreme" or whatever fake Mexican food they push on the public.

Godzilla, a knee strikes will hurt for a while, even laughing can hurt an inordinate amount. Best to push into the abdomen with a hand and push with some pressure on top of the surgery site when you're laughing---you'll still feel "it", but it won't take you to tears. Glad everything is going well for you. A speedy recovery to you.

stew

a Canadian traditional get well wish:

Attachments

• molsoncanadian-bottleandglass-1.jpg
    molsoncanadian-bottleandglass-1.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 447
Godzilla said:
[BI will have pictures to share with everyone when this is all over. You will all get to see the gory details.[/B]

Everyone should take pictures of their equpment after a hernia operation. You can really scare the ladies with that thing.

PS -- if they installed any "drains" you might want to take a roxicet or whatever else they are giving you for pain -- before the surgeon yanks them out.

Hi Jeff(Godzilla),

Here is some of the pic of my build of the FF165K BIB inspired by u guys from the forum :D

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I hope these pic will motivate u and speed up your recovery. I'll post more pic and my impression on another post.

Cheng

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.