Tumor

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Godzilla said:
I...probably a good port size for a Fostex 127 in a small box...

I'm glad you can still focus on the important things in life!

We're all pulling for you.

(Note to the rest out there - if you haven't given blood lately, you might think about helping replenish what Jeff has used up. You can never tell when someone you care about will need a pint, or six...)

Bill

Re: Re: Tumor

lousymusician said:

(Note to the rest out there - if you haven't given blood lately, you might think about helping replenish what Jeff has used up. You can never tell when someone you care about will need a pint, or six...)

Bill
Good idea, platelets are even better...and you can give platelets every couple of weeks.

In NYC if you give enough platelets they give you a NY Blood Bank running jacket. (I don't have one yet.)

My thoughts are with you. You have helped so many of us on this board, either directly or indirectly.

"she suggested i go to bestbuy.com"

I guess we're all going to have to chip-in for a major BB gift card to celebrate your recovery. You can weave a hammock from PEX2™ dielectric reduced capacitive Monster Cables with Super MultiTwist™ construction!

Squib

Yesterday was not easy. It's like i have a weed inside my stomach. Picture a perfectly fine garden that has a weed. Suddenly the weed is the only thing growing sucking up all the nutrients for itself. As blood runs thru my body it gets to the tumor which sucks it up and rather than re circulating it, it leaks into my stomach and i crap it out. As the day passes i can feel blood leaving my head and feel weak. When i get blood i feel it running thru my veins and sometimes it's a little painful. Imagine an empty hose suddenly filling with water. The pain is usually in my arm, shoulder, neck or head but the other day it felt like my feet and legs were filling up and someone came in to rub my legs a little. It feels great when someone touches me. Last night i went to bed imagining hugging my two boys. I decided which surgery to have (i went hi-tech) and doctors are trying to get me into their schedule to operate mon, tues or wed. Normally i would have to wait over two weeks but apparently i need this asap. When it's out i will feel a lot better and have been told after recovery i should be perfectly fine. Waiting for surgery is the hardest part right now. Last night i wanted to listen to my iPod and the nurse tried to help me get it all setup. She was probably 60 years old and never saw one before. It was actually pretty funny when she handed me the charger instead of the iPod. Then she took the headphones out of their case and handed me an empty case. I had the charger and case on my chest as she waited to see how i set it all up. It actually made me laugh for the first time in six days. Today i feel a lot better because the hospital was quiet last night and i got a good night sleep. Each day moves slowly and i have my ups and downs. When friends came buy yesterday i was feeling very tired and weak. I barely remember seeing them. I can understand now why vampires love blood so much. Maybe i will become one when i am healthy again. Many thanks for your thoughts and prayers. Good idea about donating blood. I have to wait a year before i can because of the transfusions. I remember the scramble to get me blood when i got to the hospital. The whole thing is so strange. I have had three roomates so far. Yesterday i got a new one named Sieed sp? He has chest pain. I will get to know him better later today. I spent two days with a 21 year old Marine that got a pacemaker. He was training to be an F15 fighter pilot and now he can't. He was a mess. He ran the mile in 4 minutes 50 seconds (when i was 21 my best time was 5 minutes and 6 seconds - so hes got me beat). They found him passed out in a local park during a jog. He left yesterday with his mom wondering what he will make of his life. I tried to encourage him. He was a great kid! The day before i spent a few days with a man that left with a dialasys sp? machine and has to filter out his blood three days a week until he can get a kidney doner - he was told it takes about three months. His kidneys don't work anymore. So your life can change drastically from one day to the next.

Last night i listened to Eva Cassidy for a few hours. She sings like an angel. I don't think i ever enjoyed listening to music as much. Enjoy the music you love listening too. It's like a gift to enjoy. I will keep everyone posted on my progress. Many thanks for your kind words, prayers and encouragement!

Jeff (Godzilla)

Hi,
What's a banana for Godzila - no match. Plus you have giant positive energy of 80,000 diyers across the globe. Think of us like that Verizon commercial where whenever guy goes there are thousands of people behind him as a support. "Can you hear me know?"
My absolute best wishes to you, and we all are waiting to hear nothing but a good news on Tuesday.
Vladimir

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.