Ultimate JX92s suggestions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all.
I had installed my JX92s in an old bass reflex set of speakers (Gale 4, blast from the past indeed!) and they were so good I haven't gotten round to doing anything else. The lowther's have it on very good recordings, but the Jordans make almost anything bearable (unlike the lowthers).
Still, I would like to build a custom enclosure for these babies, and would like suggestions. At the moment, the toss up is between the Jordan VTL & the BIB, to be used full range as-is.
Thanks all
Graham

Graham,

I use the GM MLTL as the base enclosure for my 'Jordan with a Ribbon MLTL' design as in the thread:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81634&highlight=

If you start with the MLTL enclosure that I suggest, the Jordan JX 92S driver can be used alone--full range with a little baffle step compensation. The baffle step comp circuit is typically a 1.5 mH inductor and parallel with a 4 ohms resistor. That circuit is then placed in series with each JX92S.

The MLTL enclosure is simple to build and makes for a petite floor stander which has much appeal if SAF is a consideration. If later you wish to add the Aurum Cantus G2si ribbons and crossover, you can do so with only a simple tweeter cutout mod to the enclosure.

Jim

Hi Graham,

I prefer the MLTL over the VTL, I built both. The additional ribbon tweeter as proposed by Jim Griffin gives also cleaner response.

But have in mind, they won't do really deep bass. Therefore I built a sub-woofer for my sister recently.

Regards
Stephan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.