please check out this...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
OhioTanner said:

...that's rather jaded isn't it?

Let say you invented the weed-eater....before you could bring it to market there would be Chinese knock-offs in walmart...

Actually, I am a confirmed optimist. However, the truth is that there is very little out there that is truly original. I have watched some History Channel shows that have shown ancient inventions that most people would be totally surprised to learn was practiced back then.

Or example, Ötzi the Iceman, was found to have extensive tatoos at strategic points on his body, and for some time it was thought to be just tatoos. However, someone knowledgable with acupuncture immediately recognized their presense, and now we have the oldest example of that science, dating back to about 5,500BP.

( BTW, i enjoy your work with the Pioneer B20... )

Thanks much! I'm still waiting for my lathe instructure to give me a call so I can make the diffraction lenses. That is the big holding point.

Thanks for the kind words.

Bluto said:
despotic -

My Son is a graduate of Beloit College. Many people from Beloit seem to retire up here.

I'm surprised Iowa DIY Event is not listed at that post. It's getting big to the point they are having to limit amount of entries to 2008 show.

I'd like to see one in Madison. Surprised one not there as seeing it's the home of Madisound. Nothing I've built is worth showing but it would be nice to hear good builders stuff.

Chicago definitely needs it's own and could certainly support it.

Bluto

I have spent time hanging out on Beloit College campus since I was in high school (I'm now 22) I think it would be great to have an event in Madison, maybe Madisound could be a sponsor? If you wanna email me just remove the spaces justinlloyd @ techie . com

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.