W5-1611sa

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Agreed. PE's sales can still make the TB's real bargains, but the prices have nearly doubled from where they were 1.5 years ago (AFAIK). I'm guessing the weak dollar is part of the problem, but I'm not certain if the TB prices in Europe are rising as quickly.

At least HiVi is still offering very inexpensive options, even if they are more limited in total variety. I just wish PE would get their hands on another batch of the black-coned NS3-193's! I'm still kicking myself for not grabbing more than four when they were offered at $10 ea.:smash:

waiting for some time to put the wood together...

Attachments

• hoorn voor w5-1611 .png
    hoorn voor w5-1611 .png
    64.6 KB · Views: 2,211
I have completed the horn (see a few posts back) and to make a long story short: great!

the horn respons compensates (as predicted and hoped for) for the baffle step, so these puppies play without filter components: music pure. imaging is absolutly fantastic, among the best I have heard, especially voices are so real, scary almost...

attached a better drw

Attachments

• conic - w5-1611 horn (small).png
    conic - w5-1611 horn (small).png
    98.9 KB · Views: 1,982
Hi Henkjan,

I am also working a project for 1611SA... However my box design knowledge is not much as yours..
:cannotbe:
Ok... I dont know anything about the transmission line or horn loaded boxes (or quarter wave something)...

This is the situation;
I have designed a simple bass reflex box for 1611SA (a 17lt and tuned @54.9Hz) . As WinISD says it will give ~52Hz @3dB with this box.

However after I saw your project and your comments on it, I am not sure to make my project anymore.. In fact I dont know the benefits of a horn loaded box but I guess its better than a simple vented box by the meaning of phase response..

Anyway,
I have examined your project, everything is ok but the felt and the baf wadding..

May you explain a bit please? Or do you have any picture of them? Because I think I will make your box.

Thanks a lot in advance..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.