MLTL's - is the stuffing too compact?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I'm not shure if I have a problem here, but I've made a pair of MJK's MLTL with Lowther DX3
And I whonder what the effect of packing the stuffing too compact would be in this construction?
Are there typical results if you do this mistake?

Thanks for any help

KMMM

OK Thank's

I have a dipp arround 50 - 90 Hz (quite steep-15dB) and was whondering if it might be the problem.
The other thing I was thinking might be the reason, is the room and it's acoustics.
But that would belong another place on this forum ;)

I guess the stuffing is not the problem after all then.

Thanks!

KMMM

I apply the rear of driver and top of cabinet with damping mat, and then cover with polyfill and also one side with poly fill. Too much damping this way.

Even this changes the sound character, enhanced mid range, bass reduced and sounds slower, sound stage reduced slightly. I may remove damping mat and put only polyfill and I will experiment further.

Like Scottmoose says, try applying top, one side and rear from top to bottom with a 1in poly, wool or acrylic fill. experimentation is required here.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.