giant BIB audio nirvana super 8

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
GM said:

Indeed!

I periodically mention my preference to having the 'fullrange' drivers, mid/HF horns above my head a bit and angled down as it reduces early reflection energy and gives me a presentation more like I get at a live venue.........

GM

Totally agree, I think the ticket with the larger BIB cabs to overcome the high driver height would be to mount the driver to an angled baffle that aims the driver down a few degree's towards the listening chair. I never thought of that till recently, but seems so simple and now the problem is solved possibly ,when using the larger drivers.. Dave:)

I have a pair of audio nirvana super8
http://www.commonsenseaudio.com/an8superspecs.jpg
and I would like to build a cabinet for them.

I have read that good quality plywood and fiberglass load is best so I think I will go for it.
No crossovers on speakers, just plain amplifier-speaker connection.

Mids and tops are just fine and will probably be fine for me using any types of cabinets. but bass is the issue to my decision. I like very much low end bass 25-40Hz and probably more controlled, more tight (not like "woof-woof" bass). Like the low end bass that is coming out from these sub-woofers, although these have a separate amplifier and unlike audio nirvanas, they have been designed for bass... So I am just trying to physically amplify a controlled bass as possible with the super8.

Will BIB fit my requirements, or should I go for bass reflex or fully enclosed cabinets?
BIBs are simple folded horns to make and I bet this huge cabinet volume could do something good in the bass region, from a rouggh view, but I need some reviews please...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.