fe206/207 + dayton nd20 or similar?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am looking for a fr set up + a cheap tweeter for my apartment at college next year. I was hoping to use a fe206/207 in a BIB + the dayton nd20 to cover the top end. I tried to search but couldn't really come up with too much. The apartment would be like 25 ft x 18 ft x 8 ft, or so im guessing. Any input or research as far as implementing a tweeter with a BIB or other type of FR box designs would be greatly appreciated.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
planet10 said:

So far people are following the Fostex recommened single cap for the most part. I am working on something a bit more complex.

dave

I've been thinking about this also. The problem with the single cap approach is that you wind up with rather raged dispersion. A actual cross-over in the 6kHz range might be a better solution.

Hmmmmm.

Bob

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Bob Brines said:
I've been thinking about this also. The problem with the single cap approach is that you wind up with rather raged dispersion. A actual cross-over in the 6kHz range might be a better solution.

My thots exactly -- well not quite, i was thinking 7-7.5k. Here is my 1st pass of the topolgy i want to try. Need to get a set of boxes together to actually explore it, will probably do curvy Changs. 1st order on the 207, 2nd on the FT17. Doesn't include Zobels or resonance traps which may be needed.

dave

Attachments

• fe207-ft17-xo-top.gif
    fe207-ft17-xo-top.gif
    3 KB · Views: 201
Dave,

Exactly!

A full-ranger like the FE207E is made to order for a series XO. The reason I'm thinking of XOing lower is to perserve dispersion, i.e., get off of the 8" as early as possible as still preserve the full-range sound. You may be right though. I'll be getting to this in a while -- I'd like to have it worked out prior the the LSAF in May.

Bob

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.