Decware OB: is this possible?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Deckert is using a little OB augmented by a resonant chamber that he claims make the bass flat to 52hz. Check out Part II of his article (which includes his measurements) here:

http://www.decware.com/newsite/mainmenu.htm
Click on 'Articles', then 'Open Baffle Speaker.' I can't seem to link directly to it.

If it works, it seems like the best of all worlds. However, I can't imagine that you get enough gain in the bass. I don't think this has been posted before (a quick search didn't find anything). I recall JohninCR posting some similar ideas. Thoughts?

pj

Looks a lot like JohninCR's Joint chiefs:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

In this thread, John wrote:

I took my idea from Steve Deckert's Sub Only Jensen Imperial, whick also has an open air throat loaded via some type of helmholtz resonation.

Looks like some cross-pollenation and parallel development going on.

JohninCR seems to ohave disappeared from the boards these days. Anyone know where he went?

Bill

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.