full range without whizzer cone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Send them to me for proper disposal? ;)

The world, my friend, is your oyster. The mighty F200a is one of the finest FR / WR drivers available and there are lots of things you could do with them. How big do you want to go with the cabinet? If you want modestly big, this should do the trick nicely (especially the curved-front version): http://homepage.mac.com/tlinespeakers/FH/download/Chang-NBVR-map-140807.pdf

The F200a requires the same volume as the 207 I designed it for, so it's a straight swap. Flat to 40Hz. Good enough?

The rear triangle deflector size is up to the builder. So long as it's long enough to prevent cross-talk between the upper & lower throats, that's fine. 1.5in should do. An internal brace (not pictured) would be useful as well.

Fine but sorry
there is no void free birch plywood her
have to drive 200 miles in one direction,
rent a pickup as they don't cut Russian marine plywood
horrible expensive online price about 1300 Euros
Went to, yes they are open two big DIY markets,
all plywood not birch and scrap, merde.

I know that feeling.

You can resort to a mixture of MDF & chipboard. Not as good as BB ply, but it's a whole lot better than nothing.

Laminate 1/2in MDF to 3/4in MDF & you'll push panel resonance below the passband of the cabinet. Use that for the sides, the top & bottom, & 3/4in chipboard for the other panels. Should do a decent job.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.