Mileva build log.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I figured I might as well post some pictures while I'm building the Mileva's... It will be updated as it progresses.

Plans.
http://homepage.mac.com/tlinespeakers/FAL/downloads/mileva-map-1v0-021207.pdf

Stacks of lumber

DSCN0724.jpg

DSCN0717.jpg

The braces.

DSCN0713.jpg

DSCN0715.jpg

Internal baffles with the 5* angle from the tablesaw. (There is another set too, just didn't photograph them)

DSCN0720.jpg

DSCN0721.jpg

The sides drying on a back baffle.

DSCN0723.jpg

I'll post more pictures as it progresses. :)

Looks vaguely familiar

"the waiting is the hardest part"

enjoy the tunes when they're done - don't forget a picture of the silly grin on your face the first time you fire them up.

"honey, what do you really want for next Christmas, I'm sure you've got enough socks?"

" another dozen or so Bessey cabinet clamps would be nice...." :whazzat:

Scottmoose said:
Looking good so far. :)

Thanks. :)

chrisb said:
Looks vaguely familiar

"the waiting is the hardest part"

enjoy the tunes when they're done - don't forget a picture of the silly grin on your face the first time you fire them up.

"honey, what do you really want for next Christmas, I'm sure you've got enough socks?"

" another dozen or so Bessey cabinet clamps would be nice...." :whazzat:

I get the silly grin on my face most times I fire up my speakers...

That comment about christmas sure does sound familiar.

MJL21193 said:
Hi,
Excellent woodworking skills! I've read a couple of your posts in the gel glue thread and can sense that the carpentry FORCE is strong in you.
Keep up the good work.:)

Thank you sir, I try. Woodworking is one of the few things that I truly enjoy doing and learning more about.

Current state of box #2

DSCN0745.jpg

Current state of box #1

DSCN0738.jpg

Things left to do are finish gluing up #2, and then trim my front baffle in real white oak so when I do a roundover on it it will look good and won't have any plywood endgrain showing.

The front baffle is Oak veneer ply, that is going to be done in a medium dark walnut stain with triple coats of tung oil, then the rest of the box will be piano black finish.

*edit* What seems to work best for the stuffing on these boxes? Anyone have any suggestions?

This is the current state of them now. I powered one of them up tonight and was rather pleased as to the sound, some things could be helped a little bit in the HF but I think I can work those issues out without any problems. They are going to be a dark walnut stain on the front baffle, yes I do realize there is an *opps* on the front, but when I'm done you will never realize that it was there. You can see from the pictures the current status on them, they will be finished by monday so I can take them back to school with me.

Cutting the port out.

DSCN0760.jpg

DSCN0761.jpg

The listening trial.

DSCN0764.jpg

DSCN0765.jpg

DSCN0766.jpg

DSCN0767.jpg

DSCN0772.jpg

The shop.

DSCN0768.jpg

DSCN0769.jpg

DSCN0770.jpg

The current equipment powering them (it's a lot easier to move this stuff then my normal gear...)

DSCN0771.jpg

And what they look like currently. The red is just primer, it will be black when done.

DSCN0773.jpg

Thats for the positive comments guys. :)

Heres the lastest round of pictures. The tape lines didn't come out perfect, but I'm happy with it. The paint on the back end came out alright, could have been a lot better though. Overall I'm satisfied with this one, just need to finish the other one.

DSCN0774.jpg

DSCN0775.jpg

DSCN0777.jpg

DSCN0779.jpg

DSCN0782.jpg

DSCN0783.jpg

DSCN0784.jpg

DSCN0785.jpg

DSCN0786.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.