diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Full Range (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/full-range/)
-   -   Audio Nirvana Drivers (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/full-range/113882-audio-nirvana-drivers.html)

drwho 18th December 2007 11:24 PM

Audio Nirvana Drivers

Hi,

Has anyone here built speakers using the 6.5 or 8" AN drivers.

Any design, If so how do they sound?

It sounds like a good DIY project but haven't seen or heard much about these from anyone.

hm 19th December 2007 12:06 PM

8"

2 Attachment(s)
Hello,

I made one with the 8",
the SAXOPHONE

JeremyB 19th December 2007 02:45 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I used the Standard 8" on a Decware HDT's.

I like them a lot, and the price is very nice.. granted.. i have nothing to compare them to... yet..

drwho 19th December 2007 07:01 PM

Thanks hm, JeremyB.

hm do you like the sound? Jeremy likes the sound of his speakers.

Thanks

hm 19th December 2007 07:17 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hi drwho,

yes, i like it, did you translate the new feedback,
more i canīt tell.

My listening experience needs only the TROMBONE,
max. 0,6 watt is enough.

JeremyB 19th December 2007 07:28 PM

Dr Who,

I should also say that i have been tossing around the idea of putting these in my new project - the Sachiko. I really want to try the Fostx F206e.. but cash is a little tight.. and if i am wanting to do more projects like this.. then i need to succumb to the WIFES desires, and tone it down.. lol... so we shall see...

From what i have read on here, generally people are happy with the AN drivers. like i said.. I have been so far..

sorry i wasn't much more help. i cant offer any sort of technical offerings. I just like listening..

drwho 19th December 2007 09:39 PM

JeremyB,

I have seen your Sachiko thread where you have posted some pictures of the cut out cabinets.

I'll say your carpentry skills are excellent, where as mine is mediocre by at best.

All the best with that project!

JeremyB 19th December 2007 09:48 PM

Thanks. I work at a Architectural Woodworking shop, and have all the tools handy.

If you are interested.. or anyone else for that matter.. in having me cut things out for you.. we can talk about everything involved.

I can get most any types of veneer / ply/ etc. I would have everything cut out on the CNC, packed and shipped to you for finish/assembly/listening enjoyment.

Scottmoose 19th December 2007 09:58 PM

I'm unconvinced by the AN units I've heard thus far -decent enough, but they simply weren't as good as their Fostex equivalents, and once shipping etc., is brought in, they aren't really any cheaper either. So I can't really see the point.

The models that interest me are the 10in (as nobody else does one) and the cast frame units, as they at least offer something different, which is all to the good. The 12in is a nice idea in theory, but Vas is so high, I've yet to figure out what it's actually for.

JeremyB 19th December 2007 10:16 PM

For what its worth.. Scott is the one that I ( in my VERY VERY limited full range knowledge) have talked to the most about these drivers. I fully trust him and he seems to know what he is talking about.

Like I said, I have nothing to compare the AN's to.

(oh by the way Scott.. my wife isn't too happy with you right now..:nownow: ) hee hee.