Hi!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I'm new to the forum.

I just want to start off by building a simple full range mono speaker for my camcorder. Could anyone recomend a good full range driver for me. I don't want to get into two way and 3 way stuff yet. Oh, and since I plan on using just one full range driver, how would I design the circuit? I'm a total noob to this.

I know I could just take a left channel computer speaker and wire it to the left channel of my AV receivers speaker set B output but I want to get into diy audio so I thought this would be a good beginner project. Besides I don't have much money saved up for a bigger project.

Srry for the double post but I finally found some info about the crossover part. From what I understand, you don't use a crossover with a single full range driver. Am I correct? If so I feel very relieved as I don't fully understand crossover design yet. I've picked a driver (Tang Band W3-871SC 3" Driver) and calculated my enclosure so I think I'm pretty much good to go now.

driver: http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=264-813

I'm not totally sure if my enclosure dimensions are correct. I used an online calculator which I doubt is truly accurate. I guess I would need software for an that. If someone has software could you give me the dimensions or if the software is free and works with Vista tell me what it is and where to download it.

This is what the online calc gave me:
Vb = 0.12 ft^3
= L x W x H

Port diameter = 1 in.
Port length = 2.34 in.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.