New 8'' wide range speaker

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Nice looking driver. Is it your design?
And are they for sale?

BTW, did you ever work at the Jubilee (Yubileinyi) Sports Palace? When I was there one of the in house technicians built his own coax drivers. I don't remember his name, but he did great work.

Thanks for letting us see them, it's always nice to see new drivers.

sorry for my English , practice was so long ago...

yeah, I think I can say that it's my design, because it was developed like I saw it in my mind, also we listened opinions and advises of few users from Russian diy forums, some technical decisions for achievement our purpose ware made by my partner. And finally, we did it on my money for my loudspeakers :)http://xsloudspeakers.narod.ru/clarity.htm

Now we prepare to make first 10 drivers for sale...

that guy from Yubileinyi , it wasn't me , because I live in Kazan , but my partner live in St. Petersburg

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
planet10 said:
Nice looking driver. Resembles a Visaton B200 after i install phase plugs.

Also reminds me of a prototype Hemp 8" with phase plug, no whizzer. FR plot looks similar, too.
I would be great fun to listen to the 3 different drivers and compare.

Igor, I'll add a question to Dave's.

In the photo of the back of the driver there seem to be long, triangular "fingers" coming down the cone. Are these the connection to the voice coil former?

Lets hope this driver makes it to the West so some of us can hear it. But maybe your Russian DIY buddies will buy them all before we can!

I am considering buying ~ 10,000 pieces.
I believe in every your word :))

Dave , you're right, there is open channel in magnetic system.

some times I'm not sure that I understand right
would it be possible to use that to lag bolt the driver to the enclosure?
If I understand right, that hole, it was made for version with dust cap instead phase plug. :)

panomaniac
about these triangular "fingers" - yes, and it's made for the greater mechanical hardness of cone.

and I wanted say about B200 , I don't like it because of not balanced FR
http://xsloudspeakers.narod.ru/raznoe/comparison.JPG

Igor V. Kutuzov said:

I believe in every your word :))

He's dead serious. The 10,000 will balance his car sound.

Attachments

• tweeters.jpg
    tweeters.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 3,014
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Igor V. Kutuzov said:
If I understand right, that hole, it was made for version with dust cap instead phase plug. :)

Thanx... so the phase plug could probably be rejigged to be able to bolt the back of the speaker to the cabinet -- is the phase plug easily removable?

and I wanted say about B200 , I don't like it because of not balanced FR

The B200 gets a whole lot better once you remove the dustcap and install phase plug.

dave

so the phase plug could probably be rejigged to be able to bolt the back of the speaker to the cabinet
yes but I still don't understand what for?

is the phase plug easily removable?
yeah, sure, very easy, just one bolt...

The B200 gets a whole lot better once you remove the dustcap and install phase plug
maybe so , but I don't like any modernisation , here in Russia , we need make modernisation of every thing we buy before use it...

Attachments

• 3790.jpg
    3790.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 2,597
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.