New 8'' wide range speaker

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Igor V. Kutuzov said:
yes but I still don't understand what for?

My research shows that a speaker with the driver firmly wedged in at the back as well as secured from the front sounds better. And the best way to do this is to run a bolt thru the polepiece into a solid piece right up against the magnet (i have only run into one speaker so far that allows this.

dave

freddi
I was curious about the woofer in your Clarity system.
why? I think it's usual woofer...
How does one in the US order one of your fullrange drivers?
when we'll make first run (10pcs) we'll be able to sent it to any country via http://emspost.ru/ and it will cost (only transport service!) about $145 (for 2 drivers ~5kg from Russia) to USA and $120 to Europe...
but if send 10 drivers ~25kg it will cost $410 to USA and $310 to Europe

Igor V. Kutuzov said:
freddi why? I think it's usual woofer...
when we'll make first run (10pcs) we'll be able to sent it to any country via http://emspost.ru/ and it will cost (only transport service!) about $145 (for 2 drivers ~5kg from Russia) to USA and $120 to Europe...
but if send 10 drivers ~25kg it will cost $410 to USA and $310 to Europe

That's an awful lot of risk, though, for an unknown, especially given your limited production runs and whatnot. You'd do very well to foot the bill and have a pair sent to someone who does driver measurements so that people can confirm your statements prior to buying in.

Igor -

I'll 2nd Badmans statement.

Lot of us looking for an alternative to whats out there. Many trustworthy qualified people here that likely would be willing to work with you on distribution if they thought speaker reputable.

AE came out of the dust and is starting to do well, CSS as well.

I'm impressed and very interested. Appears excellent work.

Possible 'group buy' if speaker is verified?

Bluto

I understand all of you, but what can I do?
I can't send a pair for free, we're not a JBL or something like that, we lost many time and our finances not in best condition, here is me and four pairs of drivers, if you afraid that when I'll get money I will not send drivers I can't prove you my honestness, I can show a pics of me with drivers but it will nothing for you, here we even don't have a "paypal" or something else you believe, only way it's 'western union" but I think it seems not good for you, if you think how it is sounds? like looks, or worse, or better? what can I say? one my friend who working in shop which sale loudspeakers from America and Europe (Magnepan, B&W, AE, JM lab, Legacy and many other) said that of course it's better than loudspeaker for $1000 , but again it will not be an evidence of my honestness for you, there is really need in someone who will buy a pair and say that it's not a cheat :-(

russian forums about our speaker
http://www.vegalab.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=7511&goto=newpost
http://audioportal.su/forums/showthread.php?t=3433
http://www.klyachin.ru/forum/topic.php?forum=2&topic=2877&start=1

Igor -

I doubt anyone questions your honesty, people are just thinking out loud regards economics behind a new speaker Company.

If they could test them to see for themselves product is as stated there are likely several here with connections that could lead to distribution.

Were it my Company I'd contact a few of those you see here that do some distribution for others and see if you can get any interest.

Those of us who are just DIYers are such because we are frugile or on a low budget ourselves.

It's the important people you need to impress, not us little guys.

Bluto

Bluto
Why do you think that there is need in some distributor?
I can send 1-2 pairs of drivers to anyone...
and why do you ask about "group buy"?
if I'll send more than 6 drivers there possible problems with custom and they'll ask money for export...

now I think about sending a pair for free to someone from this forum to confirm my words but i don't know who it could be and i have not money for sending

Igor V. Kutuzov said:
Bluto
Why do you think that there is need in some distributor?
I can send 1-2 pairs of drivers to anyone...
and why do you ask about "group buy"?
if I'll send more than 6 drivers there possible problems with custom and they'll ask money for export...

now I think about sending a pair for free to someone from this forum to confirm my words but i don't know who it could be and i have not money for sending

This is indeed a problem, and why people are concerned. DIY hifi unfortunately is such a small and hypersegmented sector, that there are many tiny companies with cash problems, and these sometimes lead to unfulfilled orders, and misrepresented products.

That's why people need independent verification of a product's quality, before risking the type of cash that can buy something tried and true, like a fostex product with distributors proper.

You see, there's not just the risk of the product not arriving and being out a good chunk of cash, but also the risk of the product not performing as advertised. As you say, the cash risk is nigh unavoidable, but if the performance is as stated, people at least can know that you're making a competent, quality product (which is a concern when even a hundred dollars to ship a set out for testing is not in the budget).

Your product is interesting, but so are the audio nirvana, visaton B200, and other large-format fullrangers (fostex ff225k is an excellent product too) and all occupy a similar pricerange to yours.

Basically, if you can't afford to take the risk.... neither can we. As to who could test them... that's a difficult matter. Is anyone interested enough to pay return shipping on these for the sake of testing? Most people with good driver testing abilities are pretty selective about which products they test, as their time is in high demand. So you might be stuck paying 2 way shipping as well.

All pretty minor costs compared to a production run of magnets, cones and phase plugs.

Pretty negative eh? But realities of market must be addressed if you're to sell a product like this.

Oh, lovely looking drivers btw, big underhang, nice looking characteristics.

badman said:

As you say, the cash risk is nigh unavoidable,

I don't remember that I said it, if drivers are in my home , there is no any risk... comet or big meteor :rolleyes:

shipping 4,5kg from RU to US is $152 (one way)
$304 for shipping two way it is more than my salary ($260) in a month

ok, never mind, I understood...

btw We have only 25 % of the profit from one driver.
They are very expensive in manufacture.

Don not give up Igor,

you have worked hard to get this far, you have a working product as result of this effort.

If you do decide to send someone a pair of drivers maybe you can check with Mr. Nelson Pass. He hangs around here sometimes and he does have interest for wide range drivers. He could give an honest evaluation.

You could find his email in diyaudio .

good luck...
Paba

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.