BIB with FF225K+FT17H

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

finally they replaced the faulty FF225K with new one.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I had to do some modification to reduce the vibration. I discovered that the wood I used is so weak that the FE206E previously installed was vibrating itself.

Well, after some time of listening.

Huge soundstage
Highs and medium not hard as the FE206E
A lot of bass, lot more than FE206E

If you turn the volume more than normal volume with some heavy bass cd( there aren't many) you hear distortion. I minimized distortion with the position of the speaker, more angle, so you're little bit out of axes.

I'm using it with 1,5 cap. But you cannot cross by ear with this combination of drivers. Infact I'm designing a crossover.Without a crossover the frequency response is not linear. I hope that I don't loose to much soundstage with a more flat response.

With second order crossover

This one is a 1st order

I will try first the 1st order crossover, because it less expensive.

I want to cross it at 6400, to have a flat response
At least it has to be crossed over 5000hz(raccomended by fostex), otherwise I risk to burn it and there's to much distortion.

Do you think liming the angle of the panel where the driver's are mounted will decrease the diffaction?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.