Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th November 2007, 12:33 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Orgue Audio Reference

Hi,

I have just order a pair of Orgue Audio Reference, using drivers so called 'improved' from the original Mitsubishi Diatone 610MB. I have a pair of the reissue Diatones in a largish Bass reflex box & have been trying for a few years to replace them. So far, I have failed in every attempt. Let's see if I get lucky this time . The consolation here is that if the new speakers do not work out, maybe I can replace the drivers with my original Diatones as my current cabinet is not much of a looker.

Anyone have any experience with these ?

Click the image to open in full size.

Orgue Audio

Click the image to open in full size.

My speakers. I love / hate them. Steady for the last 5 years

Regards,
Joe Ling
Old 4th November 2007, 09:19 PM   #2
pjanda1 is offline pjanda1  United States
diyAudio Member

I just noticed a mention of these guys on the 6moons news page, and was about to post it here. How did you order them? I see no contact or ordering info on their page, and google doesn't return much of anything useful. What do you know about them?

pj
Old 5th November 2007, 12:09 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Hi,

I met with the same problem u did. Apparently, these guys are Chinese & I decided to try my luck at a Singapore forum to check availability there. Turns out that one of the DIY shops that I am familiar with is the dealer/agent. I requested my local audio shop to get in touch with them & ordered a pair.

The diatones are really quite special. One can hate & love them all at once. I love them for their ability to reproduce the voice. I hate them for other things. Let's see if these 'new' ones can better the original.

Regards,
Joe Ling

PS : thread where I inquired about the Orgue is here :

http://www.echoloft.com/cgi-bin/YaBB...num=1193241216
Old 27th January 2008, 08:28 AM   #4
jls3od is offline jls3od  United States
diyAudio Member

Default orgue audio

Joe,
Did you ever get the Orgue Audio speakers and how did they work out?
I'd like to try and get some but can't find a way to do that.
Jim Schmonsky
jschmonsky@centurytel.net
thanks
Old 30th January 2008, 04:13 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. Not been too actively looking at audio forums lately. I have ordered them & paid some down payment but I ave yet to receive these. I'm mildly annoyed with my local audio shop. They told me shipment will be out in December or something but when i check a few weeks back, they told me that somehow the speakers missed the late shipment due to late dispatch. Only takes a week from Singapore to where I live but seems I have been waiting a few months. In the meantime, I'm still enjoying the DIY pair with the original drivers.

I'm kind of disillusioned with the so called upgrading of my system & I think I've reached the perfect balance with my system. In fact, I'm enjoying music more than the hardware over the last few years. No change to the hardware since 2005. These Orgue have a high mountain to climb .

Regards,
Joe Ling

Hide this!Advertise here!