Sansui Sp10

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

At first, I want to apologise for my bad engllish. So ...

I bough't a pair of Sansui bookshelf speaker sp10. They are "made in japan" and I think they where not sell in Us or elsewhere outside Japan. I can't find nothing about them on the internet.
They are bass-reflex with a 12 cm coaxial speaker,
8 Ohms
15 Watt.
So my Questions :
I play them with à pp el34 and find them great , very natural ; but, of course they lack of low mid's (or false bass ).
Do anybody know's about these speaker and have an advice to give me about them ?

I'm thinking to build a floorstand with them but dont know nothing with the caracteristic's of the loudspeaker. and never do such thing.
Is there somebody to give me some Help ?

I thank you too read me.

Best Regard's,
Emmanuel

sorry to bring up a thread that is almost 5 years old, but the sansui sp-10 speaker has a "whizzer coned" driver. 8 ohms, 7 watts per speaker. they are a great "full range" driver, not too sure about the frequency range, but i find them to be a great midrange sound with the small ported sansui enclosure. i used them as monitors with my sansui au-505 stereo amp. the bass is decent but not pronounced, as it is mainly a mid sounding speaker. rare to find, and nice and small and light. they are primarily made to be hung on a wall or on shelves. they do sound natural and clear. keep a hold of them, they are worth listening to.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

SANSUI SP-10

```````````````````````````````````````````````````
here are a pair (at auction) in japan -

???????????????????????? - Yahoo!??????

They were sold in the late '60's early '70s around the pacific rim. I heard them in Fiji along with the various bigger brother SP's. Very popular as a duty free import into Australia and NZ due to their small size, modest cost, and good performance. Very pleasant, surprisingly good, (but of course lacking in lower bass) and definitely worth keeping.
The bigger Sansui speakers tended to be more coloured, which made English speakers preferable in the larger sizes, but the SP10s were more neutral and held their own in the small speaker class.
Sansui made good stuff in those days, particularly amplifiers.

Look like FAST material to me. I'm in love with my "Philco" 6.5 fullranges + the Packard-Bell 10 inchers that showed up at my favorite thrift store. All you need is a series x/o and you're into the music. I suspect my philco's are Matsushita but that's based on the dust cap and the basket configuration; conjecture only.
Makes the Mission 700's, my current backup system, sound dull, dull, DULL.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.