Any interest in JX92s fullrange kit ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm tinkering with another design, with some help from another forum member sploo.

Before I go spending vast swathes of cash again on pointless R and D, I wondered if anyone would be interested in a full range TL "kit" based around the Jordan JX92s ?

I've a pair currently running in which can be seen on my site here Longball and they sound wonderful. No measurements as yet but they seem to be reaching the low 30's if I compare them by ear to a few commercial speakers I have had.

As I say the design is still in development as is the manufacturing, but if we can offer some sort of flat pack would people be interested ?

Below is an image of them as they might appear in birch ply. Dimensions are approx 965mm x 181mm x 181mm

Attachments

• birchply.jpg
    birchply.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 366
The rendering is very nice indeed.

Since you are in England, getting supply of 92s will be less problematic.

For any flatpack I'd suggest biscuit joinery. I used to build kits from Speakerlab in Seattle but they were shipped assembled.

Also review the Alpha TL piece in AudioXpress which features the 92s.

I've seen a flatpack for a PAWO already elsewhere.

For more modest budgets and builders, you may want to consider
flatpack precuts for the Fostex 127e Metronome or other of the
units described in the '127e reference' thread. The Metronome is not too big and the FE127e is not too expensive. Your skill in cutting the Metronome would be the selling point.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.