what about sealing the enclosure?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Okay, after the many helpful responses in the "why MDF thread", I went out and bought some seven ply birch ply to build my enclosure.

I have a feeling I'll be experimenting with damping material so I'm wondering what you guys do to easily cope with this process. Is it okay to simply screw the "final" side in place so you can access the compression chamber and throat? Is it better to glue all the sides and then stuff material from the insides?

Sorry again for all the questions but I'm a total noob and I've determined that this site rules! :)

Which enclosure are you building? Some enclosures are easier to get into through the driver hole than others. If you are building Harveys than you just take the driver out and stuff to tasts, but if you are building a enclosure with multiple folds inside than you have to figure out something else.

gnugear...

the Heruka horns look as though there is no dampening in the horn itself. If you want to add dampening, then the most likely locations (the compression chamber and the horn as it approaches the mouth) are accessable from the driver hole and the mouth. I'd dowel the final side on and glue and clamp it if possible. With relatively thin interior panels, the likely hood of a screw missing the horn panels is pretty high.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.