Wharfedale super12's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
marc mc,
I've just completed installing my old favorite 12CS-AL speakers onto open baffles. I had tried them in various boxes & the infamous Briggs sand filled baffles without satisfaction. I've never heard them better than they sound now. Dragging them out of hibernation wasn't without age related problems, though!
My membership here is "under moderation" so I can't email you directly.
Give me an email at dobias-at-centurytel.net for any spec's & info I have.
dobias

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I've not had any Super 12s thru here, but i may have some data on Super 10s that might give some ideas.

Do keep in mind that drivers this old -- particularily the more desirable alnico ones -- will have changed over time. Your drivers are more than likely different from someone elses and certainly not anywhere near the same as when the original recommended cabs were designed.

Agng does tend to change things such that the driver is happier on an OB (as dobias has discovered with his).

You really should try to measure the drivers to get an idea of where they are (and how close they are to each other)

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.