Info required on Castle Super 8's please.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a pair of Castle Super 8's that appear to be copies of the Wharfedales Super 8 rs/dd but with foam surrounds.

Needless to say the foam is shot so after I re-foam them what do I put them in?
Let me say I'm hopeless at woodwork so the easier the better please.

Many thanks for any info.

Firstly, you need to know the T-S parameters to design an ideal box. You are unlikely to find these out for the originals, and when you refoam them, the figures probably will not be the same as original.

You have two options, get Arta software and measure the units after foaming. Its not hard, and very educational. This is by far the best option. It needs just a Win computer with a sound card, ( can be intergral), an amp, and a few passive components. Nothing special.

Alternatively, make a rough mule. Take a guess at a box size, probably bigger than two to three cub.ft will work. Try it as a simple bass reflex and stuff the port until it sounds right. Definitely not ideal, so I would not put much effort into the looks until happy with the sound.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.