Crossover Question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Quick crossover question...

I am doing a Pioneer + Piezo in a 3 cu ft box from Godzilla's site. I have the capacitor and resistor wired on the tweeter as shown in the pics.

My question is how do I connect the Lpad, Piezo and Pioneer together?

Thanks,
Andy

That is exactly what I did for a couple of floor monitors with 10" pro drivers. I used the series 4 uF crossover cap then the 22 ohm shunt suggested from this page. They handle 100 watts, no problem, and sound pretty nice when fed with an old portable Panasonic cd player fed though my bass amp. Not screechy at all.

Couldnt find my original drawing. It must be in a box under my workbench. But i did find a drawing by gychang that shows the same thing. He didnt use the B20. He used the Radio Shack 1354 instead. But the piezo wiring to the Lpad is the same. Have a look and let me know if you need additional clarification.

Peace,
Godzilla

Attachments

• piezocircuit.jpg
    piezocircuit.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 162
Thanks everyone.

Godzilla, Guychang's drawing was exactly what I was looking for. I can't wait to get these things hooked up, but I am probably going to do another coat of paint first.

In case anyone is interested, I found 12" X 4' Particle board at Home Depot for $2 each. I guess Particle board is not ideal but it was cheap, which is good for me right now. On the downside, it is very heavy.

I will probably do a BIB or Spawn eventually, but this was quick and cheap for now.

Andy

Too Late! They are already built and I think they are slightly bigger than what is on your site. Mainly because this was what I could do with the time and tools I had.

I'll post my actual dimensions and my impressions, although I don't have much reference point other than el cheapo commercial speakers.

Perhaps there is someone in my area (DFW) that would be interested in listening/ letting me listen to their system. (I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours...??):bigeyes:

-Andy

I measure the boxes and found that they are indeed bigger. They are 3.5 cu. ft. and the slot at the bottom is 3" all the way across.

Will it be worth it to add a board at the bottom to put the slot back to 1.5"?

I suppose the extra volume of the box will just make it tune a little lower?

Anyway, it is surely better than my first setup, which was an overgrown version of "the tubes" made from 8" PVC drainage pipe at 36" tall with the speaker mounted on top at a 45deg angle with no tweeters. This was of course still much better than the old 3 way bookshelf speakers I was originally using with my Heathkit....

Thanks,
-Andy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.