AER loudspeaker manufacture

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
http://www.bd-design.nl/index1.html

look under "diy drive units"

You could say that the other appear to be ok too... but in the light of doing what they do it is very questionable if their quality nor specs are reliable at all
But their site does look very impressive, but you know much of it can be "borrowed" too...does look like quality, but who knows what they actually deliver, when it comes to that

better stay away from AER. Nobody knows what is real and what is fake. If you ask three insiders in Germany you get five answers.
Both of them always refused to offer measurements of their drivers.
For that amount of money they charge, better go for a Lowther. You know what you get and since they use the rolled whizzer cone they are a lot better than in the past.

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
I dont think its a matter of fake or not....my concern is whether they both deliver the promissed quality... which would be expected at this level of cost... would you trust them enough to pay in advance and so on... on the other hand, not many of us will pay that kind of money at all
You may say "not our problem" ... but when links are shown on these pages it is

I've heard a pair of MK1s supplied by BD in JamesD's perspex Quasar OBs with Supravox 285 12in woofers supporting the LF. Startling sounding device. I like them, though like Lowthers it doesn't suffer duff ancillaries period, let alone gladly. I'd love to hear what a pair of F4s & a decent preamp would do with them. Not as fast or as efficient as Steve's EX4s (relatively), but possibly a little flatter.

I know Filip Keller personally, visit him twice
and heard some of his drivers,

last week I contacted him last.

If I look his mesurements, I have a problem,
38 Hz reso and the measurements have 48 Hz:
http://www.aer-loudspeakers.de/de/frames1.html
than Klangwelten, than the drivers, than scroll down.

form your own opinion about this, 4 m distance etc.
more or less no difference etc. how he got this
graphs, he didn´t explain it.

if I look the measurement of the Raptor it look like Lowther
not like his measurements.

I´ve tried to get resendable samples to compair it
to B200, PM6A, Fostex, AN 8" in my sathorns with
measurements, I send the horn-sat to him, he wants
it, but no samples no testing by himself, and he likes my designs!

What shall I think about that.
He won´t know how good or bad his drivers are in comparison
to the other, specially for this price.

Or is it only a strange personality?

Attachments

• aer1lp magazinkl.da.jpg
    aer1lp magazinkl.da.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 572
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.