BIB for Fe206e

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I could say 'how long is a piece of string', as there are quite a few different gainclones... ;) However, that isn't very useful, so if you want me to take a SWAG, it's usually modest, nor do they generally thank you for pushing them too hard, so I'd try without initially & if you feel the low end is a little weak, give it a shot later. The 206 is usually best listened to slightly off-axis BTW.

'Bloated'/'thick'/'flabby' bass and/or recessed highs depending on the driver in question. For one like the 206E, first find the off axis point that best balances the mids-HF, then use a cheap ~25 ohm pot to 'lift up' the bass through mids-HF attenuation to balance it all out. FWIW, it's been my experience that women, especially teens if they haven't already damaged their HF hearing, are better equipped than men to do the mids-HF by ear and men better at the bass-mids.

Do this on both speakers individually, measuring the pot's setting on each and don't be surprised if they measure differently. Now it's just a matter of replacing the cheap pot with either fixed non-inductive resistors of adequate power handling or appropriate gauge speaker wire that gives the correct voltage drop.

GM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.