My OB - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th September 2007, 08:59 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default My OB

I finally found a person with a digital camera who was willing to take a picture of my baffles.

The fullrange up top is a RS 40-1271 and the two woofers in the bottom are RS 40-1024.

These are not set up even near to optimum. All three drivers on the baffle are ran in parallel. I don't have any extra amps to run it biamped yet adn i have not spent the time to run a crossover on it. You can definetly hear voice and higher frequency stuff coming out of the bottom woofers.

Anyways, here they are.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg daves ob.jpg (48.4 KB, 880 views)
Old 7th September 2007, 09:31 PM   #2
The one and only

Nice piece of wood, though.

Old 7th September 2007, 10:28 PM   #3
Geoff H is offline Geoff H  Australia
diyAudio Member

They are nice baffles, prettier than mine. David, this might help for a quick solution till you get set up with bi-amps.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...22#post1296122

Are all drivers 8 ohm?

Geoff.
Old 7th September 2007, 10:48 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Thanks Nelson.

Yes, Geoff, all the speakers are 8 ohms. I am not sure what you are refering to in the attached post that would work as a quick solution.
Old 7th September 2007, 11:50 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Yeah, sorry my slip. The crossover. Wire the 2 bass drivers in parallel. I'm running a 4 ohm bass helper with a 8 ohm main.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...95#post1282395
Old 8th September 2007, 12:02 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

So if I am getting you right, you are saying run the two woofers in parallel and then the pair in series with the fullrange?
Old 8th September 2007, 11:36 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Yes, that's right. Start with 150uf shunting the bass pair. I used 3 47s in parallel, so I could replace one with a lower value to fine tune. Then you want an inductor to shunt the top driver. As a starting point, try Xl=Z of the driver at crossover.

Note the series x-o will exhibit a low z at crossover freq without the drivers connected. Also the bass driver needs to be out of phase or you will have phase cancellation at the xo.

Good luck.

Geoff.
Old 8th September 2007, 12:29 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Thanks
Old 14th November 2007, 06:04 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Would there be any benefit to removing the wings and putting the lower woofers into an H baffle or U baffle and then adding a inductor inline with the woofers to cut them off around ~260-280 Hz (the center baffle is 10.5 inches)?

I am thinking of cutting the wood for the H baffle or U baffle out of the wings and adding that to the center baffles that the speakers are all ready in.

Hide this!Advertise here!